Change may not be the word that many people like but as the saying goes, “There is only one constant, and that is change”. So may 2018 be brimmed with new opportunities and changes in everyone’s lives.
2017 Was a year of incredible learning and networking and understanding. For me personally, the Satoshi (penny) dropped incredibly hard around money when I finally understood how Bitcoin works. In that moment, it was like something out of the matrix where I literally saw rain of one’s and zeros where I understood that everything can now be given a value thanks to Bitcoin and that all we need to do now is come up with the ideas to be able to bring that value to life. More of these thoughts will be revealed later but to say that it was profound is an understatement.
I think a lot of these aha moments are thanks to the books I have been reading too. I think of everything in terms of hyperlinks and making sure the dots connect to the final goal we’re trying to achieve at Leaderless and these are just some of the books that highly influenced the thoughts and decisions we have made in order to offer and education platform that eventually will teach people how to decentralise from and create their own communities.
- Sapiens (Yuval Noah Harari)
- Originals (Adam Grant)
- Stealing Fire (Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal)
- Blockchain Revolution (Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott)
- Fourth Industrial Revolution (Klaus Schwab)
- The Brain, The Story of You (David Eagleman)
- Deep Work (Cal Newport and Jeff Bottoms)
- Sacred Economics (Charles Eisenstein and Steve Wojtas)
- Dreaming Big (Sam Pitroda)
- Flow (Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi)
- Capital in the Twenty-First Century (Thomas Piketty)
- The Leaderless Revolution: How Ordinary People will Take Power and Change Politics in the 21st Century (Carne Ross)
The latter is ongoing and I keep in contact with Carne to let him know what we’re doing next. It is from this book that the name Leaderless came from when we combined everything that we love and everything we’re not happy with to create Leaderless.