You don’t need to look too far into the future to see a new wave of disruption heading towards us and every major global marketplace. eCommerce — a technology ‘megatrend’ that has hidden potential for innovation and entrepreneurship is set to become more popular in the years to come.
With deepening internet penetration in developing countries and around the world, and mobile becoming the primary tool through which people engage with the world, it is inevitable that consumers will start to migrate to eCommerce, and with this growth in adoption, businesses will need to adjust.
This eCommerce introductory course aims to accelerate the spread of eCommerce in Africa and around the world. Aiding businesses and entrepreneurs this course will give insight into the eCommerce market and provide a step-by-step guide on setting up and managing an eCommerce store effectively within the South African market.
Course Lecturer: Dr. Adheesh Budree - Ecommerce Chief
Passionate about ecommerce, Adheesh is a senior lecturer at several universities in South Africa and the Co-Chairman at E-commerce Forum Africa. Adheesh brings with him over 10 years experience in the industry and is well respected in the industry.
Module One: What is eCommerce
- How to Start Up – Online selling in the digital age
- Research & establishing
- Putting a business plan together
- Alternative means of financing your eCommerce offerings
- Usability & persuasion in eCommerce
- Ecommerce merchandising
Module Two: eCommerce in South Africa & the EFA
- The issues facing the South Africa eCommerce market
- How the eCommerce Forum of Africa aids eCommerce in South Africa
Module Three: Why start an eCommerce business
- The growth of eCommerce
- International Reach
- eCommerce Adoption
- The future of eCommerce
Module Four: Products that sell & don't sell
- Recognising what products, in today's consumer environment are ideal for eCommerce.
- Realising an opportunity gap.
- Identifying market demand.
- Taking advantage of niche markets.
- How using certain business models can help your products sell online (Subscriptions Models etc.)
Module Five: Where to source products
- Domestic vs International
- Importing & Exporting
- Supply & Demand
- Competitive Analysis
- Costs Involved
Module Six: Making sure we have a marketing budget
- Return on investment (ROI)
- Competitor Analysis
- Total revenue vs fixed
- Budget allocation (Customer Acquisition Cost, Customer Lifetime Value etc.)
- Investing in new marketing opportunities
Module One: Website Construction
- Hosting solutions
- Website design to optimise selling
- Supporting blogs
- Security and management of databases
Module Two: Mobile Commerce (M-Commerce)
- Statistics & Trends
- Website Responsiveness vs App Development
- Load Times
- Marketing Opportunities
Module Three: Using Digital Media
- Media availability & benefits – websites, blogs, email, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Analytics, Adwords, SEO, keyword research, web measurement, Google rankings, etc.
- Crowd sourcing, and other ways to approach customers.
Module Four: eCommerce Platform Pros & Cons
Module Five: Setting Up WooCommerce
- Base currency
- Payment gateway
Module Six: Product Set Up
- Importing & Exporting
- Product Details
- Pricing, Shipping & Tax
- Product Types
Module Seven: Coupons
- Setting up a coupon
- Discount types
- Expiry Dates
- Usage Restrictions
- Usage Limits
- Using coupons as a marketing tool
Module One: Payment Gateways
- How to choose the right one
- Paypal vs Other SA Gateways
- Costs and cost of sale
Module Two: Marketing
- How to get customers to your shop
- How to get existing customers to buy again
- Online Advertising
- Facebook VS Google Adwords
- Tradional Media
- Magazines and Newspapers
Module Three: Logistics, Ordering Stock, Delivery, Returns
- South African Post Office
- Courier Companies
- Order management
- Delivery options
- Dealing with returns
- Dealing with loses
Module Four: Legal Compliance Guide
- Online copyright & trademark guide
- Consumer protection regulations
- Privacy/data protection rules
- Other relevant laws & governance
Module Five: Multi Stores
- Pros & Cons
- Optimisation & Management
Module Six: Customer Service
- Communication channels
- Online chat window
- Returning Products
- What the law has to say
Module Seven: Customer Relationship Management
- What is a CRM
- How can it help repeat purchases
- Big Data
- Information CRM's collect give invaluable insights into buying habits
Module Eight: Selling Across Frontiers – how to deal with cross-border orders
- Customs & SARS
- Support systems available.
If you want to know more about the eCommerce course before you enroll please contact us below.